LAPU-LAPU CITY- Police City Director Colonel Limuel Obon has defended the latest autopsy findings surrounding the gruesome murder of Christine Lee Silawan. He said the autopsy result bared by Dr. Erwin Erfe of the Public Attorneys Office (PAO) forensics division which showed that Silawan was raped merely supported the earlier findings of Dr. Benjamin Lara, the PNP-medico legal officer.
Obon said that Erfe used sophisticated equipment like a macro camera which Lara does not have. The camera was able to take the injuries in the private part of Christine Lee which showed that she was abused. “Incidentally ang PAO naa silay capability, ang ilahang camera nga macro makakita gyud, ma-enlarge nila nga dili maguba.
Unlike sa atong ordinary camera nga ma-pixelized na. So dili ni maka-disturb, makatabang pa,” Obon told reporters in an interview. Obon said further that the Special Investigation Task Force (SITG) Christine Lee Silawan which he leads is pursuing other person of interest of the case.
He described their subject as “elusive.” He refused to elaborate so as not to pre-empt their on-going operation. The Lapu-Lapu Chief of Police emphasized that they are always coordinating with the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Obon refused to confirm nor deny whether their person of interest is connected with the 17-year-old suspect that has been earlier charged by the NBI.
For her part, Mayor Paz Radaza has welcome the latest findings of PAO. Radaza hopes a final closure and resolution of the case if the NBI, the Lapu-Lapu City Police and PAO will consolidate all their efforts and findings. “Ang ako lang gyud ani nga mahuman na lang gyud ta.
All these mao lang gyud atung gitan-aw so i’m fully supporting sa move sa atung kapolisan and the NBI and the PAO kay para mahuman na lang gyud ta” Radaza said in her weekly press conference. The Lapu-Lapu City government is offering P1 million reward that will lead to the solution of the celebrated murder case.
Another P1 million is also offerred by an American retiree, the Cebu Provincial Government and some others. The 17-year-old boy is now in the custody of the Homecare for Children (HCC) of the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) of the Lapu-Lapu City LGU.
The boy is turning 18 years-old today but Radaza said that unless their will be a lawful order, the suspect will remain in the protective custody of the HCC. Mayor Radaza said since the boy is a minor during the alleged commission of the crime, he could be accommodated in their facility citing earlier cases where suspects who had been minors during the alleged incident are still in their custody.
The boy however according to his lawyer, Vincent Isles had submitted voluntarily for his safety, which is the best arrangement under the circumstances. Isles in his Facebook posts maintains the innocence of his client. He said they have witnesses who could attest that his client was at his house when the alleged incident happened last March 10.
Isles also revealed an alleged “Matang Agila Conspiracy Theory” where his client is being implicated raising the suspicion of the “alleged rape” despite the contrary findings of Dr. Lara.