June 13, 2021

iNews.Ph

News and Information Portal

Franz Sabalones2

Franz Sabalones (internet picture)

SABALONES COULD STILL BE ALIVE

CEBU CITY, PHILIPPINES- Self-confessed big-time drug lord Franz Sabalones could still be alive. This surfaced after the fingerprints of the voter’s identification card of Sabalones that was retrieved at the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) in San Fernando town, southern Cebu did not match with the fingerprints of the corpse that was shot to death last Maundy Thursday (April 18) in Quezon City.

The information came from Police Regional Director Brig. General Debold Sinas who said that the cadaver was not yet claimed in a funeral parlor. “Initially nakakuha mi ug finger print didto sa Comelec San Fernando, tung gi-match, dili nag match.

That is the official findings. So there are probabilities, so katung gihatag sa Comelec ng San Fernando dili nag-match kadtong napatay didto,” Sinas said in the sidelines of the Brigada Eskwela in Abellana National School (ANS) earlier today May 21, 2019. Sinas, however, clarified that what he revealed is not conclusive as there is a possibility that another person proxied for Sabalones when he got his voter’s ID.

He added that for as long as there is no scientific evidence that would prove that the corpse is that of Sabalones, the body will not be released. “That might be one of the possible conclusion but not definite sa amo kasi sa taas, it should be scientific,” Sinas said.

Upon checking in the Modena Subdivision in Sitio Estaka, Tunghaan, Minglanilla where the common-law wife of Sabalones used to stay, iNews.ph found that the two-story house is also abandoned.

Winefreda Misa, the woman, sired two children of the self-confessed drug lord but they left their house after policemen raided them last March. A grenade and several firearms were found, a KG-9 semi-automatic pistol, an M4 carbine and a .45 caliber pistol were found by the Cebu Police Provincial Office (CPPO) Provincial Intelligence Branch (PIB).

Winefreda was spared of the criminal charges though as it was only intended against Sabalones. The beach resort which is also reportedly owned by Sabalones, the Paulo Luna Resort and Spa in Barangay North Poblacion, San Fernando has also been closed for about two years already. “Dugay na man ni nga gisira Sir,” a caretaker of the property told iNews.ph.

Major Lymel John Pasquin, the chief of police of San Fernando had also inspected last month the poultry farm allegedly owned by Sabalones in Barangay Tabionan but they did not found any relatives of him. Gen. Sinas said they are looking for the relatives of Sabalones to get DNA samples from them but none of them surfaced after the shooting incident in Quezon City.

His brother Fralz, the Vice Mayor of San Fernando has been in hiding after his name has been included in the “narco-list of politicians” by Pres. Rodrigo Duterte. Sabalones gained prominence after he surrendered to former PNP chief and incoming Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa in August 2016.

He squealed that some police officers were on his payroll for his illicit drug trade and that he is the associate of the slain Jeffrey “Jaguar” Diaz, also a noted suspected drug lord. Sabalones swore to Dela Rosa that he will already stop from his illegal business but the police found that many of his men were still into the drug trade.

His assets totaling P350 million were already frozen by the Anti-Money Laundering Council (AMLC). /Tonton Alcos Antogop